Did you know we all have a unique energy vibration and it’s possible to raise your vibration and attract positive things into your life by giving off positive energy?
We have an electromagnetic field around us that can be disrupted by things in our environment. The good news is there are simple things we can do to manipulate and clear blockages in our energy field that can potentially improve our lives and health.
Others can sense our energy field and we can be affected by their energy, too. For example, when you’ve felt drained by certain people after spending time with them, or you know when someone’s unhappy or in a bad mood.
The Law of Attraction
You’ve probably heard about concept of the law of attraction made popular with books like The Secret. The premise is you attract what you want by thinking positive thoughts. This helps raise your energetic “vibration” and you manifest what you want. This may seem New Agey/woo-woo for many people, and I have to admit being skeptical myself but at the same time felt led to learn more about it.
Many coaches, mentors, and self-help gurus teach people principles similar to those of John Assaraf: (in a nutshell) for the law of attraction to work, you have to do more than think positively–you have to come up with a vision your life and emotionalize the desire to keep the vibration going or it dissipates – your conscious mind and subconscious mind have to be in sync to create a “neural coherence pattern.” You have visualize it every day, have a plan of how you’re going to get there, and take the right action in the right order. It’s necessary to have the right beliefs and habits to be successful; things like journaling, saying affirmations, and practicing meditation are recommended.
Terms like vibration, manifesting, and attraction were new to me until last year when I worked with a mentor whose practices are based on shifting from Masculine energy (working too hard, struggling) and entrapments into Feminine energy, where everything flows with ease (see this blog post).
I believe there is something to it, because when I changed my mindset and started taking action, my life started to flow and positive things started happening to me.
This post only brushes the surface of a complex topic, since I’m not a science geek and ultimately it’s quantum physics.
Everything is Energy
There’s a couple of quotes attributed to Einstein: “Energy is all there is” and “Everything in life is vibration,” but there’s controversy regarding whether he actually said them. However, it is true that everything is energy and the earth vibrates and so do we. We’re electrical beings and have a frequency–our cell membranes have an electrical charge, so we are magnetic.
In my experience, energy is everything. I’d never given energy much thought besides trying to improve my physical energy with food and supplements. But then I became sick from toxic mold in my workplace and quickly found out it’s really hard to have a good life and make good decisions if you don’t have energy. Before I quit my job, my boss said I had “lost my spark” and was walking around barely able to hold my head up. That was good description of what was going on, because mold affects energy production by damaging DNA and killing cells.
Like Attracts Like
When your vibration is high, you’re healthier, happier, and more positive and other high-vibration people are attracted to you. Basically, we attract what we are. Life seems effortless and you feel like you’re flow a lot of the time.
We can begin to achieve higher frequencies by recognizing the pattern of “like attracts like.” More than just a saying, this an energetic law. Frequencies are attracted to similar frequencies. We resonate at a higher frequency when we raise our vibration, and, there, attract higher-level experiences. – Caroline A. Shearer
Things That Cause Low Vibration
When you’re in a low-vibration state, life is more of a struggle and you’re more likely to be depressed. Things that will lower your vibration are things like processed foods, toxicity (from environment and other people), stress, negative media such as TV news, prescription drugs, addictions, negative thoughts and emotions, and illness.
17 Ways to Raise Your Vibration
Many of the following tips are attributed to Robyn Openshaw and are things you probably want to be doing anyway if you want to live a happy, healthy, and successful life. According to Robyn, a healthy human body has a frequency of 62-68 megahertz of energy (but can be higher) and if it falls below it, illness can occur. The frequency of our emotions is measurable through heart rhythms using an EGC machine.
- Eat lots of green vegetables and fruit (preferably organic) because they are the highest frequency foods, especially when raw, and the lowest are things like junk food, sugar, and meat, which is essentially dead and has no vibration (grassfed/organic is better). Drinking green juices or smoothies every day is a great way to get in a lot of servings of vegetables and raise your vibration.
- Think positive thoughts—they are just energy that become emotions. Learn ways to release negative emotions through practices such as re-framing them into positive ones. One way is to acknowledge it, thank it for being here, and release it. Another method is tapping or Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). If you get triggered, it helps to react the opposite of how you normally would; for example, if someone flips you off while on the road, smile and wave at them.
- Practice gratitude, love, and compassion. You can cultivate gratitude by writing down several things you’re grateful for in a journal first thing in the morning. Love and forgiveness are the highest vibration emotions; fear and anger are the lowest. Love is a choice not a feeling.
- Be kind to yourself and others. No more harsh inner critic saying you’re fat, ugly, stupid, etc. Learn to love yourself (if you don’t already) and talk to yourself gently like you’re a five-year-old child.
- Practice meditation and deep breathing – it helps to quiet our minds and turn off the monkey brain. Thinking too much drains our energy.
- Move – exercise helps lower stress and when you move your body, energy can move better. Yoga, tai chi, and qi gong are recommended to help move energy in the body.
- Detoxify your body and avoid toxins in things like cosmetics and household products.
- Drink clean water, preferably spring or filtered. Water helps move toxins out of your body.
- Get outside and try to get up to 20 minutes of sunlight a day.
- Surround yourself with positive people—other people’s toxic energies can rub off on us.
- Connect to something greater than yourself—God, universe or whatever it is for you.
- Listen to inspirational, uplifting music. Classical music is supposedly the highest vibration music. Per Robyn’s recommendation, I’ve been listening to Wholetones, which is a high-frequency healing music.
- Get enough sleep.
- Use essential oils—they have one of the highest vibrations.
- Feel attractive. When you feel attractive, you feel better about yourself. It’s worth making the extra effort (clothes, hair, make up, etc.).
- Limit your exposure to electromagnetic frequencies (EMFs) from things like phones and wi-fi as they can disrupt how cells communicate.
- Have fun and play!
Our choices and actions shape our lives. When you replace something that’s low frequency with something that will raise your frequency, you may see other positive things come into your life and good things start to flow. Per physics: “Bodies in motion tend to stay in motion.” If you take one step (like one of these tips), you’re more likely to make other changes.
Working with Your Energy Field
There are ways of working with your energy field through things like energy medicine, which Dr. Oz says is the new frontier in medicine; things like acupuncture are starting to gain credibility with conventional medicine. Reiki and Tapping or Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) are also considered energy medicine. It’s evolving science, and while some energies can be measured, there are a lot of subtle ones that can’t be measured.
These are some things I’m currently doing to work with my energy. They might sound a bit strange, but as someone who’s “been burned” on many occasions by conventional medicine (my current doctor said this), I’m more inclined to listen to people who’ve cured themselves of illnesses.
I recently took an online Energy Medicine course with Donna Eden, who is a pioneer in the field. She cured herself of Multiple Sclerosis years ago using short sequences of exercises. Energy medicine is a way to manage, clear and ground your energies; it’s based on the traditional Chinese medicine meridian system (the path through which life energy flows known as “qi”). This energy can become blocked and scrambled.
You can learn the basics from Donna’s books but it helps to follow along with videos when learning the exercises. It can be as simple as doing the daily 5-minute energy routine which helps energize you, but there are lots of other exercises for managing pain, relieving stress, boosting hormones, and much more
Another thing I’ve been doing for about the last six months is using a system by NES Health that I learned about at the Bulletproof Conference 2016. It was created by another former sick person, Harry Massey, to help power the energy and communication system of the body.
How the NES system works: You do a scan about once a month with hand-held scanner that points to energy blockages and the results are sent to a practitioner. You’re then matched up with “infoceuticals” made from structured water that are based research by Dr. Gerald Pollack. Information can be imprinted onto structured water, which our cells are mainly composed of, by zapping it with electricity. The infoceuticals help clear energy blockages and protect us from things like EMFs. It’s a little pricey: about $250 for the scanner and to get started and my infoceuticals run about $130 a month. If you’re interested in learning more, click here.
Grounding (or earthing) is a way to raise your vibration and feel more balanced. We interact with the earth’s energies but also need to let go of energies as our polarities get thrown off as the day goes on. You can do this by walking barefoot on the natural ground, such as grass or rock. I recently started using a grounding mat that you can put under the bottom sheet of your bed while you sleep or use at your desk when you’re on the computer.
Of course, there are many more things you can do to raise your vibration and work with your energy.
Let me if you have additional high-vibration ideas and what works for you.